Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Counting Down
11 more days to Rag Day

Last few days to Rag Day, I couldn't have imagined how I would have sustained for so long if it weren't for God. I am so glad that I've set out this journey happy and I am still happy now. It has been at least a good 2 months, a period of time which simply is not short, especially when I have to spent it working and not holiday-ing away.

I have never regret my decision for doing Rag the third time. My close firends do not know why I am doing this again, some might have said that I am crazy.. Some do not understand what is the joy of depriving myself from my summer break.. But for me.. I set out this journey with some purposes in mind. These are part of my dreams which I really would like to realise.

"Dreams: Sketches of the past, portrait of the future" is the theme for this year Rag Day. The themes aptly summarises my purposes of doing Rag. Looking at the past 2 Rag committee and float designs and after gathering relelvant experiences, I hope to transform these sketches into a new portrait for the furture of Eusoff Rag. I am doing it not because I am noble, but because I desire a change or even a revolution. As a designer, it's always my wish to see breakthroughs in the concept, float design and dance presentation for Eusoff Rag. I am glad that I have the opportunity this time to determine the concept and design of the float. As for now, I am very satisfied with what has been achieved. At the minimal, I have already managed to bring the Rag design and presentation into another stage. We have looked past our ancestors and taken the bold step forward into the depths of the unknown. Whatever the outcome would be, I am rested in the Lord. All is within the hands of God. Winning is not my agenda. Winning is a bonus. It's a public recognition which affirms the high level of achievement that is attained for the Rag design and presentation.

As for now, I am also very contented and thank God for granting me with such a lovely committee. A committee filled with Love and support for each other. We are a small committee, but we are a mighty one. Everyone is still working hard and pushing forward. No one is giving up. Because we believe that we could realise the big dream that could have seemed intimidating and unachievable. I have not given up. In fact, I am very much excited about Rag Day and the float that is going to shine with much pride and glory under the sun. The can detailings would just glisten in the bright sunlight.

Eusoff float will stand out like a gem which is ablazed in the magnificent reflection of the sunlight while everything else surrounding it becomes shadow in the brilliant glow of Eusoff float.

I know Daddy above is with us in this float building committee. Thank you Lord. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home