Monday, July 17, 2006

Updates
Busy Busy Busy
Joyously Busy

I am a part-time designer(because i design.. duh!), baby sitter (because I have to look after the welfare of my Raggers), liason officer (because I need to constantly liase with different departments in Rag and EHOC) and PR officer (because I need to represent the Rag team sometimes since I am their Chief). Multiple profiles for a Chief D. Multi-tasking most of the time. Yes, it is tiring. But I am enjoying what I am doing. Unpaid labour. But, 3 months of invaluable experience, fun (& mostly WORK) and camaraderie.

Pardon me for not updating lately. I have been busy. Rag has just picked up pace ever since my mid-Rag break ended. I could only recall myself climbing up and down many flights of staircase, shuttling between the foyer and the reading room where the wardrobe members are. Everything else was a blur. Vaguely remembered that I have to stock check on paints, speak to my designers, coordinate the kind of paints to purchase and to persuade the designers to minimise cost and use alternative paints if possible. While I manage my designers, I also look after the wardrobe members. I have to review the prototypes they make and give feedback accordingly.

Now that the Rag preparation is already into the second week of 24/7, alot of things have been largely confirmed. All that is left to completion is to stay positively motivated and adorn the structures with recycling materials.

Apart from adhering to schedule, one of the challenges as a main committee member is to learn how to manage people. I guess I am one of the worse people around who knows how to interact with people. I spend most of my time alone and hence lacking of PR skills. It is difficult because I have to constantly motivate my team members to work in a project that lasts for 2-3 months, which is effectively almost their entire holidays. I dislike being in a leadership position because I have to be really tactful when I give instructions. Sometimes when there's a need to quicken the pace, instructions have to be given so that minimal stress is induced in the hearts of the people.

Difficult I must say. But I believe God has placed me in this committee and position for a purpose. I am constantly learning how to respond to people under different situations. Like I say, I am very poor with PR. To add matter worse, I have a face that is unwillingly BLACK when I am tired, stressed or angered. As a result, I always look fierce and unapproachable. Jack asks me to print a T-shirt that says "Look above (referring to my face). I have not slept for 48 hours." God is using this process to change me and make me into a more lovable person.

Please pray for wisdom when I respond to different situations and make decisions for the committee. Pray that Jesus would be magnifested through me. May I glorify and honour His name in my words and deeds.

I admit. I could be easily worn out and feel stressed by the project and the people working in the project. I am very much affected sometimes when I am given a cold shoulder. Would usually hide in a corner and pray to Daddy above. Most of the times, I would be tearing for being really helpless. Helpless because I do not know how to respond and handle the people. When that happens, I would return to the long black face that makes me much less prettier. Sadness just soaks me wet. Kailin reminds me that it could be a ploy from Satan to stumble me. Please pray that I will surrender myself and allow God to manage me. I know God would deliver me.

Thanks for the prayers... and if I don't blog/update... pretty self explanatory... I am really BUSY with Rag. Would really be glad to see faces that I have not seen for a while. Do visit me. of course, love gifts and suppers are most welcome. Hee. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger J O H N N Y said...

Hey good to see you're happily settled in. =)

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home