Saturday, July 29, 2006


Smelling the Air

"This is the ten minute before the rain. Take a break & soak in the smell."

I stopped painting and moved away from the foyer where everyone was working. Retreating into an open space that was sufficiently far from the smell of saw dust and yellow glue, I removed the gum from my mouth and attempted to smell the air. Was concentrating on smelling the air.

To my realisation, I hadn't been really successful in discerning the smell of the air before the rain. Maybe I have been so immersed in the strong smelling paint and yellow glue that the smell of the air before the rain has become very insignificant. My nose is no longer sensitive to the smell of air. I forget how does the air smell like.

I realised that I have been very absorbed in my Rag work lately. Maybe to an extent that I've neglected the little things in life that makes life so sustainable and beautiful. I should learn to think small and be more aware of the details around my life.

My English teacher back in my secondary school days always encouraged me to stop to smell the roses. I guess... I should learn to stop and smell the air.. Ha.. How does the air before the rain smell like?

Thanks Friend. For the gentle reminder. =)

Picture from http://www.wwoaw.net/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home