Thursday, October 05, 2006

God's Work for Me

I have been quiet on my blog these few days. Life has taken on another turn in my journey here on planet earth. I started my first ever architecture internship programme in Singapore. I am currently interning in DP architects at marina square. For those who are nearby, do drop me a message and I could lunch or hang out with you after work.

My work place is really pleasant. Praise God and Thank Him for His provision. I did not actively seek for this job and I certainly wasn’t very keen to work in DP architects (because I heard that OT is very very very common…). Now that I have already set foot into this firm, I could adequately debunk most of the things that I hear about this firm and gladly say that I have a brilliant working environment. I give thanks because it’s all by His divine appointment and arrangement that He has granted me a good team in DP with friendly team mates and superb team leaders and boss. I couldn’t have asked for more because I was certainly not expecting such kind of desirable treatment and working experience in an architecture firm.

My friend used to work in this team. She enjoyed her stay here as well. The working experience is largely dependent on the team members. Thank God because there are a few Christians in this team which largely explains the wonderful working atmosphere within this team. My big big boss, Mr Chan, director of the firm and my immediate team leader are Christians. Among the others, I find out that 2 of them are Christians too! Rejoice!

I have begun work for 4 weeks and I have yet to stay overtime for work. I am helping a team in preparing for their presentation which is due in another 2 weeks time. I enjoy being an intern, serious. There is great exposure and the current intern experience thus far has widened my perspective of architecture and given me a first hand experience of the real architecture world and the operations of an architecture firm. In addition, I could also learn from architects when I could listen to design discussion and understand how experienced architects design.

Do keep me in prayer. Pray that I could be a blessing to others in my short stay of 3 months. Pray also that I could be a witness for Christ. Pray for divine opportunities when I could speak of His goodness to others and share the gospel with them. Finally, please also pray for wisdom so that I would know how to manage a working lifestyle with other miscellaneous activities. I desire to walk a slower pace and not rush mindlessly to attend to various activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home