Saturday, December 23, 2006

Building my castle in the Air.

Lately, my colleagues have been asking me if I would return to DP Architects in the future after I graduate. Some even naturally assume that I would go back to my firm for future internship programmes. Seriously, I don't know. I guess, most likely not.

I give thanks because God has granted me this opportunity to intern this firm and allowed me to have a renewed perspective towards architecture. I know I have the interest. There might even be a slight possibility that I will be working as an architect one day.

However, I realise that I have greater interests in other areas. I love painting, organising events and design graphics such as cards and newsletters. Just watched little snippets of Project runway from youtube and was very very much inspired to even become a fashion designer too.

A sudden thought came into my mind. If I had the opportunity and the resources, I know I will pursue fashion design even if I have reached the age to walk to school with a walking stick. I have so many things that I want to do in life. But sometimes one could be limited by time and other priorities. Sometimes, I wish I have the burning desire of some artists who leave everything they have behind just to pursue their passion for the arts. Even if it means reducing to a frugal lifestlye and putting their family and hometown aside, they would still do it because their passion is so strong that they would regret if they don't pursue it. I pray to have the explosive passion of such artists.

Realistically speaking, I know I can't because I have my family here and I still need to support my parents. I know I can't leave them behind.

I had another conversation with a friend over msn. That msn conversation brought me to a realisation that I have actually organised and co-ordinated alot of class performances, parties, events, orientaion programmes while I was schooling before the University days. Even now, I am still organising events for hall and have taken on more influential and direction deterministic roles in the main committees. My favourite event in University that I have organised has to be the Freshmen Orientation Camp which I was heading it with another friend. In particularly, I liked the final dinner that was designed as a picnic style under the stars. Beautiful it was, and the freshmen remembered it and found it especially memorable.

I enjoy planning all these activities although I experienced much frustration, inefficieny, miscommunications... during the planning stages. However, it's just so amazing and satisfying when I could see what I imagine becoming real before my eyes. My friend said that it's not easy to co-ordinate and plan. But somehow, I am usually enthusiastic when I am given the chance to organise and plan an activity.

I love beautiful things. I love imagining beautiful things. I would certainly like to create all these beautiful images in my mind and make them become a reality. That's why I know.. If I don't try learning to become a wedding planner, it would possibly be one of the bigger regrets of my life down the memory lane in the future.

I won't want to reminise to my dear grandchildren and say "I dreamed of becoming a wedding planner. But it was only a dream."

Live life to the fullest. Live it with no regret and pursue one's dreams, if the Lord permits.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey shuyi!
its a rare occurance that i appear in any blogs.. cos i dun have the habit of doin so.. but wat i wanna tell u after reading wat u posted is just go ahead and do it..! be a wedding planner! be an events manager! be a graphic designer! there's always a way to make ends meet if u have the passion for something! who knows.. we can coorporate in the future! haha

ziqi

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks ziqi.
So blessed. =) Glad that there are still dream enthusiasts around who are learning to break out of their comfort zones and restrictions.

shu yi. =)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home