Thursday, December 21, 2006


It has been raining for the past few days. Reminds me a little bit of the time when I was in South Korea last year. The chilling weather, the dark skies and the experience of staying in my room while sipping a cup of hot chocolate/tea/coffee (depending on my mood)… Certainly, the sight of snow is so much more attractive than the raindrops. But, the raindrops orchestrate refreshing and exciting music that the snow is unable to do. The rain seems to have this innate hidden music talent which takes one to slowly discover it.

I was learning to discover the music talent of the rain two days back when the sky rained incessantly throughout the whole day. It was one of those rare nights when I got back early to hall after work.

After I showered, I comfortably sat on my stool (although it’s not a cushioned seat) and dimmed the lights in my room. Only the light from the screen of my laptop and my table lamp illuminated my small cozy room (visual estimation of 3 by 3m) in hall. Hugging my hippo would have been the best thing to do at that moment, but I decided to avoid my bed and hippo because I needed to sketch for the night.

I closed my eyes and immersed myself in the symphony of the raindrops pattering against the ground. Feeling the cooling weather and smelling the air, I was also enjoying the silence in my room, only being accompanied by the symphony outside my window. My heart was still and serene.

Found myself humming to a tune of a song and eventually praised my Saviour with that song. Prayed for a while and basked myself in His presence.

It was a beautiful night.


Beautiful Lord, Wonderful savior

I know for sure all of my days are held in your hands

Crafted into your perfect plansYou gently called me into your presence

Guideing me by Your Holy Spirit

Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life

Through your eyes

I'm captured by your holy calling

Set me apart. I know you're calling me to yourself

Teach me, Lord. I pray

Take me, mold me, use me, fill me

I give my life to the potter's hand

Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me

I give my life to the potter's hand


The song, "The Potter's hands", resonated in my heart while I was singing it. His choice of song reminds me His love and gentle hands upon me. He has crafted a beautiful plan for me in the days to come. This is His promise which is my assurance and hope. Thank you Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home