Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Somehow along the way, I've chosen a different path, a path less taken, a path less known. I felt this is the kind of journey that I wish to pursue. But, as the demands of life get into me when I begin to work or start looking for a future career, I can't help but to feel inferior sometimes for the kind of career which I would possibly have in the future. When everyone around me is attaining reputable jobs and working in reputable companies, I sometimes feel that I am small in comparison to them. I know I shouldn't feel this way.

Friday is appropraching. Gonna meet my college mates after a long while. Guess most are doing really well, becoming lawyers and doctors and are employed in reowned overseas firms. As for me, I am still a humble student waiting to finish my final year. We all came from the same college but somehow.. I feel I am just not part of that college league. Ha.

My senior bravely moved out of a lucarative career in Architecture to pursue his passion as a graphic designer. He once told me that he has to take MRTs for the rest of his life, and probably some rare occasions of taxis. What he said just reminded me that sometimes our passion would bring us to a different kind of life, one that is less travelled and one that is harder to trod on.

Not easy. Gonna meet my friends who are mostly entering law firms and banks when I have to update my life as an undergraduate who is going on to her final year and most probably not pursuing what she has been studying throughout her university days.

Just some random thoughts. I have to learn to be secured in His promise for me for He has a plan for me, a plan to prosper me and bless me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home