Thursday, July 12, 2007

Here's what I read to prepare myself for CG in the evening and I was ministered by it.
"What is the chief end of man?"
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
Paul sums up in Philippians 3:10 the great goal of his life: "I want to know Christ..."

I read the above from "Names of God" by Nathan Stone. It is such a focus and direct reply by Paul, yet it is so profound and difficult to be fully grasped. To know Christ ... truly knowing You Jesus.


Here's what God has spoken while I was praying. He reminded me of His promise once again while I was worshipping Him during cg yesterday.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 29: 11-14
I am reminded of God's promises for me in the future. He has plans for me. He knows His plans - plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. I know His plans for me would be fulfilled in His timing because "He has made everything beautiful in its time. " Ecclesiastes 3:11 and He will.
Here's my friend's prayer for me which aptly sums up what I've encountered earlier during the day.
"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorius Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorius inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms. "
Ephesians 1:17-20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home