Monday, April 17, 2006

Finally, everything is finished.

I just had my critique session which marks the end of my architecture project for the semester. I feel really tired now, maybe because I did not sleep much the previous night. Felt a little bit deflated after the crit. The tutor said there's potential in my scheme but as for now, at the current development, it is still far from ideal. I was a bit upset initially but I am glad that the tutors saw the effort that I have invested in this design project. My studio tutor even helped me during the crit by mentioning some of my initial ideas which I didn't mention during my presentation.

Sigh.. I was really lost for words during my presentation. Wasn't confident at all with my presentation. I like what I designed, but I find it really difficult to explain my ideas to the crit panel. Maybe my ideas in the design are really muddled up. There was no clarity in form and architectural expression. The last time when I felt hard to 'sell' my design was when my tutor has changed my design so extensively that it was difficult for me to explain the final architecture with sound architectural intentions.

I was indeed disappointed intially. But the disappointment didn't wear me out.. It was shoved off my shoulders flippantly after a short while. I am reminded of the goodness of my Lord and how He has constantly blessed me in my entire design. I have nothing to fear because the design is His, and I know He will bless the design. I should be contented with whatever outcome of the crit because everything is under His control, everthing that happens is in His will...

I just pray that I would not have to go for the external examination when there would be another critique session with a panel of judges who are from outside university.

(Before my presentation, Zhi Lei told me that she heard from Thai Heng that I was a good with my oral presentation. 5 years ago, I was the valedictorian for my graduating year and I gave a speech on behalf of my cohort. He was impressed by my speech and said that He would be glad if he could present at half of my standard.. Well.. I was certainly flattered... But I told Zhi Lei.. that that was history.. haha...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home