Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I held my Papa's Hand.

How does it feel to hold your Papa's hand when you were young? Do you still remember? I certainly couldn't relinquish the experience of holding my father's hand... probably because I was too young to appreciate the feeling of being held by the hand of my dearest father or my palm was just too small for my daddy to hold and he chose to held me at my wrist instead. Although I couldn't remember the experience of being held, I am very sure that my father held me because he wanted to lead and guide me. When I crossed the road, he held me by my hand and walked me across the road. Sometimes, he tugged me at my hand and alerted me when we need to walk in another direction.

Over the weekend, when I went home after a long while, I held my Papa's hand again. This time, I remembered the experience. He held my hand while we walked but let my hand go when we stopped to cross the road. It was entirely different from the way he held me when I was young. I guess that he has recognised that I have grown up. With my maturity in age, he has also become more willing to give me more personal space and freedom. However, he would still tug me once in a while, just to ensure that I am still walking in safety because he knows what is best for me. I am still his dearest daughter and I am accountable to him.

It is always so enjoyable and heartwarming to hold my Papa's hand. When I hold his hand, I would be constantly reminded that I am still a child in his eyes. I enjoy being his little child forever.

Similarly, I love to be the little child of my Heavenly Father. I love to hold His mighty hands. When I fall, He would pick me up. When I am lost, he would lead me in His way. When I am struggling, He would lift me up and carry me in His arms. When I am in the midst of a storm, He would bring me close to Him and comfort me while I take refuge in Him. I am always assured and I have nothing to fear because He knows what is best for me and He would lead me in His most desired plans for me. Thank you Abba Father. I Love You. =)


"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory."
Psalm 74: 23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home